Friday, January 24, 2014

Social Location

For my social location I've chosen to base my project out of my home. While I probably can't say that this is where I spend the most time out of the week, it is where I'm most comfortable spending time. I would much rather be at home doing school work or studying than at school. As far as physical location goes, my home is located in South Augusta probably about 15 minutes away from school. My main identities that I associate with home are being a young college student, who is also a daughter (which incorporates my female identity). I feel that I have the most power out of the many places I am during a day at home. My status as a young female is not something that I regard as an impediment when I'm at home. I feel safe and comfortable being myself and expressing myself in whatever ways I choose at home. Another factor that played into me picking my home as my social location is that I felt I would be best able to take my time searching for things to photograph which would be able to represent the various key terms we are working with for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment